TheExitChan

Friday, October 22, 2010

10 Songs or Something...

My itouch died a month ago but I've always wanted to do this sort of blog where you shuffle through your music and list which ever song appears for that numbers "theme." Well since I don't have a theme or an ipod, I'm basing this loosely on Kate's blog. I'll read what she put down as a number and I'll put down the first song I think of or even use her song. Here goes nothing O:

1. See You Again by Miley Cyrus
Ahhh, the good times of high school dances. You can't get that anymore in college, well unless you go to a club. Yah.. not happening soon. I remember we were on the second floor of Ocean Palace and this song played. The whole mob of Fine Arts students jumping all in sync with Miley's hook, "The last time I freaked out..." I'm surprised the floor didn't cave in. They did ask us to stop jumping though. Just in case.

2. Good Girl Gone by Mika
"Hey you! What's a good girl like you, doin in this crazy world?"
Mika always reminds me of Waffle, regardless of the song. I listened to this song a whole lot when I was working for my aunt in the jewelry store. I was in a pretty bad place. I just kept thinking to myself, man, how did you land yourself here Exit? This crazy world of work and no play. I was working so I could afford college, and now that I've exhausted my funds, I guess I should go back to listening to this song haha

3. Fairy Tale aka Tong Hua by Michael Wong aka Guang Liang
This song made me cry, not only the first time I heard and watched the video, but the second and even the third time. I was so emotionally moved by this song that I memorized all the lyrics, despite it being in a language I didn't speak. I remember singing it to a friend and she was like, wow you even got the accents right. Even though it's been five years, I still remember the lyrics and even listening to it now, I still feel it trying to pull emotions from me. Everyone wants to have a fairytale love.

4. Fan by Epik High
As far as analyzing songs go, I spent a shitload of time trying to find a deeper meaning in the lyrics and video of this song. I love Epik High so much for this reason, they don't halfass their songs. Everything gets treated with so much care and precision. I just love their attention to detail. The song itself is about a fan who gets obsessed over this star and kidnaps him. And well... watch the video if you want to know how the rest goes down. There's now descriptions from what Epik High fans have put together, but when I first found out about Epik High, there was no fanbase. I was the fanbase.

5. Bet On It by Zac Efron
Honestly, High School Musical shouldn't have made a sequel. I felt like they were just throwing something together so they could get money off the masses. However, I do slightly like this song. It gets you really hyped up and you wanna get up and show someone you mean business. Yah man! You can bet on it, bet on it~

6. Heffalumps and Woozles by Winnie the Pooh
This song scared the shit outta me when I was a kid. It was just so trippy. I mean I love the movie, but I always had to fast-forward through this part. The bad storm plus a mixture of Rabbit's adventure through the forest that made me not want to watch the movie again until I was older. I always thought the Heffalumps were going to come into my house through the cracks and doors and steal my parents and belongings. After all, they guzzle up the things you prize. Pooh totally had an out of body experience.  Must have been something in that "hunny."

7. Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers
I still remember that night I was at your house and I played Rock Band for the first time. Damn, I was bad. Still am haha. But after these five years, I've come to associate this song with you. I've memorized all the lyrics and I'm quite proud of myself for doing so. Thank you for introducing me to the world of music. I don't think I've ever listened to music so religiously until you forced me to get in touch with my rock star side. It's funny cause to this day, I still have no idea what point they're trying to get across. But nonetheless, I still love jammin to this song.

8. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
Even though I was introduced to Lady Gaga through Waffle, I associate her to Anthony. I have no idea how that even works. Maybe it's cause you both have a dangerously high level of insanity radiating from you. Though I might be tired of hearing her on the radio, I still miss you lots and it wouldn't hurt if you called once in awhile. It'd be nice to hear your voice again.

9. When You Were Young by The Killers
Another Rock Band song that I've come to love. Whenever I listen to this song, my mind creates this scene of a huge ballroom, and alone in the corner is this girl all dolled up staring at the floor when all of a sudden, she sees I'm now watching the video and it's nothing like that, but it'll take more than their video to crush my fantasy.

10. Life is Like a Boat by Rie Fu
This is, I think, one of the best ending songs ever. I remember watching Bleach on Youtube during a time when you could post twenty-five minute videos. I would listen to this ending song while waiting for the next video to load. Those were the good days of anime viewing. This song is beautifully sang. It's a powerful combination between english (not engrish, thank god) and japanese. I used to feel like no one knew who I really was. I felt empty, but now I know that if I ever need someone to come along, I know you would follow me and keep me strong.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayton And Pitkari said...

lol that makes no sense you used SOME songs I used XDDD
I have different meanings for some of those songs too!
touching on two you used that I didn't:
when you were young:
it was the first killers song on GUITAR HERO (3), and came to rock band later. when everybody asks to play on RB, i don't think of it as part of RB, i think of it as a song i jammed to and was good at, when guitar hero was a one man show in 10th grade.

and Dani California, is mutually associated with you as well. you actually knew the song a bit better than me when we first played it, but I learned all them words too.
When you weren't around to play rock band with me, cheeseface would catch me playing this one constantly.

I don't know how well I'll be able to share rock band with new people lol.

Oct 22, 2010, 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home